Resources for Operators During the COVID-19 Crisis
for Disease Control (CDC)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Main Webpage – An abundance of resources. If an employee or family member feels sick, this is a great place to start. Includes a map of confirmed cases, latest updates, resources on travel, schools & childcare, businesses & employers, and community & faith-based organizations. There is also information on how to protect yourself, what to do if you feel sick, what the symptoms of COVID-19 are, how to prepare your family, and resources for older adults and those with medical conditions.
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA)
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 – Developed in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to help employers respond in the event of coronavirus in the workplace.
- Temporary OSHA Guidance on Respiratory Protection Standard – This guidance provides suggestions and options to help increase the availability of N95 filtering facepiece respirators for healthcare providers.
- COVID-19 Webpage – Provides infection prevention information specifically for employers and workers.
- Coronavirus Resources – A landing page of links, resources, and information on the workplace during the COVID-19 crisis. *Includes a small section on “Flexibilities for Mine Operators”
GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- NSSGA’s Grassroots Campaigns – It is imperative that policymakers hear from you about issues that are impacting the industry. Here you’ll find advocacy tools that allow you to influence policymakers on policies that will affect your business – including COVID-19. Help by urging your governor to declare the construction industry an essential service.
- MultiState COVID-19 Policy Tracker – A collection of state and local government resources and responses to COVID-19 that help keep you updated on what is going on in your local area. Information for each state includes link to health department’s website, key contacts, state of emergency documents, executive orders, session changes/capitol closures, travel restriction & information, official social media sources, and the tracker’s last update.
- Fisher Phillips
- FAQs for Employers on COVID-19 – A comprehensive FAQ on all things workplace law, which is being updated daily.
- Mining Industry Considerations During COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak – An industry-specific alert on the mining industry.
- Ontario Stone, Sand & Gravel Association COVID-19 Update– A collection of Coronavirus industry updates, business continuity practices, and FAQs.
- Sedgwick Coronavirus Update: Guidance for Casualty Clients– Further information on workers compensation claims, including business continuity planning, workers’ comp best practice guidelines, and general liability and employers’ liability best practice guidelines.